This assignment will be uploaded automatically to Turnitin upon submission to verify this is your original work and no parts were copied from another student.
Turnitin is now more closely integrated with Canvas. Overall, you will find Turnitin assignments easier to use, but the steps to submit an assignment have changed somewhat. Directions are as follows:
1. Click the orange “Submit Assignment” button at the top of the page to open the upload window.
2. Click on “Choose File” to select your assignment file you want to upload.
3. Check the box to agree to the Turnitin End-User License Agreement.
4. Click “Submit Assignment.”
5. Your Turnitin report will be visible in the “Grades” section of your course.
Please refer to the pages below for more information about these changes.
• Turnitin Submitting a Paper (Links to an external site.) explains how to submit a file.
• Turnitin Assignment Student View (Links to an external site.) lets you submit a paper, then view feedback on the file you have submitted.
• Turnitin Viewing Instructor Feedback (Links to an external site.) helps you view your instructor feedback.
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions.
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate resources, and correct APA formatting for preparing a scholarly paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
- CO3: Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO3)
- CO4: Integrate critical thinking and judgment in professional decision-making in collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO4)
- CO5: Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO5)
- CO9: Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence, implementing plans for upgrading technology skills, and using effective strategies for online student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO5)
Submit the assignment by Sunday end of Week 4, 11:59 p.m. MT.
This assignment is worth a total of 150 points.
Preparing the Scholarly Paper Phase I
- Carefully read these instructions and the Rubric.
- Download the Week 4 Scholarly Paper Phase 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Use of the assigned template is required. Rename that document as Your Last Name Scholarly Paper Phase 1.docx, for example Smith Scholarly Paper Phase 1. Save it to your own computer or drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later.
- The only resource for your paper is the following assigned article “Making the case for nursing specialty certification: Promote the profession, advance your career, and improve patient care” (Links to an external site.)
Note: Logging in to the Chamberlain Library is needed to access this article. Use of the assigned article is required. You must click on the PDF Full Text link on the upper left portion of the page to download the correct version of this required article.
- Follow the instructions and specifics on the assigned required template and the rubric. You will demonstrate your scholarly writing abilities as well as APA abilities in references, citations, quotations, and paraphrasing.
- See rubric for length limitations for each section and other criteria.
- Information below explains how to complete the Article Summary section of the paper (see Rubric for details).
- Clearly summarize the major content of the assigned article using 175–200 words.
- Content must include main ideas from across the entire article.
- Specifics should be excellent.
- Content must be attributed to the correct source.
- For the Impact section (see rubric for details)
- clearly state how learning from the assigned article will impact your future practice;
- length must be 125–150 words;
- writing must be concise and clearly relate the assigned article contents to practice; and
- use first person in this section.
- Double check your work with the rubric prior to submission.
- Note: Assigned Template must be used for this assignment. The Assigned Template has been specially prepared to help you do well on this assignment. See #2 above.
- Note: Assigned Article must be used for this assignment. Failure to do so may result in loss of points and/or Academic Integrity violation investigation.
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File menu to save or print this page.